It all begins when James came to me last Thursday and tells me he wanted to surprise me for Christmas with a Wii. I have been wanting one for so long and he was so cute trying to find the impossible gift for me. After he explained all he has done he enlisted my help. We eventually found Game Stop in Fashion Place Mall had a shipment of 3 coming Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. James went and was 3rd in line at 9:30am. In order to keep your position in line you must wait at the store until the UPS man arrives between 11 and Noon. UPS man comes and no Wii's. Tuesday is my turn. I get in line at 8:30am and I am 3rd, and the Game Stop employee says he is "95% sure they will come today." That was like dangling candy in front of a baby because when the UPS man came at Noon, no Wii's.
It was COMBAT mode now! We made the MASTER game plan. The mall doors open at 6am and I was determined to be #1 in line. We were not about to not get a Wii after waiting in those wretched lines for hours. At 6am this morning I arrived at Fashion Place and RAN to the store. I WAS #1! In fact, no one else came until 7:30am. Ha ha. James came at 8am to relive me so I could get into work. The UPS man came at 11:30am and no Wii's. But with utter amazement the UPS man left 2 packages outside and inside was OUR Wii!! WAHOO!!!
The best Christmas gift is now wrapped beautifully underneath our tree! It was fun doing the work trying to find one and meeting all the nice people who were trying to get a Wii for their children and grand-children. One lady we met came from Wyoming and was 1st in line yesterday and was 4th today. She didn't get the Wii. So for those of you out there trying to find a Wii, KEEP GOING! And maybe call Best Buy to see when they are going to realese the 72 they have in their back store room.
1 day ago


4 comments:
Wii ARE THE BEST! YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST TIME KICKING JAMES'S BUTT AT ALL THE GAMES! LET ME TELL YOU THAT YOU NOW NEED TO GO BUY THE GAME CALLED Wii PLAY. ITS THE BEST GAME EVER! BY ITSELF IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT THEY DO SELL IT WITH A CONTROLLER....SO BUY THE GAME AND GET THE CONTROLLER WITH IT AND ITS WORTH IT! PLUS YOU NEED MORE CONTROLLERS ANYWAY! SINCE IT ONLY COMES WITH ONE ANYWAY! SO.... JUST A LITTLE ADVISE FROM A Wii LOVER.
Way to persevere and be successful!! You will have to bring it when you come to visit!
I hope you don't feel bad about taking the Wii from all those people that wanted it for their cute little boys. I'm sure it will just waste their time. With you being older then the children, I am sure you won't be wasting too much time on it, and it will only be out when you have all your chores finished :) Merry Christmas, and thanks for sharing your shopping insanity with me. I always appreciate a good shopper.
When do we get to come over and play?! We can't wait for game night next month!:)
Post a Comment