James and I got a call from his brother Gary saying him and Kellie were training and going to come to Salt Lake in April to run the 1/2 marathon and asked if we would do it. I immediately said yes, and James committed too! I AM SO EXCITED!! I have been running at the gym on the treadmill and have been making good time, but running outside... YIKES! I have been secretly wanting to do a marathon and almost did one with Kimbo, and I am so excited I am committed to this!I tried my first run outside last Thursday, a simple 2 miles. The first mile was cake and I kept thinking, 'Way to go Linds!'. I spoke to soon. That second mile tore me up, hacking and flem. Non the less I went home and got myself pumped up for my run with James on Saturday. We did 2 miles again and I did a little bit better, running with him sure was a big help, but I still am not up to where I want to be. We still have 4 weeks until we start our rigorous 10 week training schedule. My family is not considered a running family... in fact I asked my brothers if they would be interested and the response was from Cory, 'Can't wait to play your new game on the Wii' and Todd's awesome answer, 'I don't run.' Ha ha. So this is a new thing for me to do that I was not really exposed to growing up.
I am so excited to do this 1/2 marathon. What a huge goal to look forward to and it is so fun to work towards something this big with James! I do admit I am planning on running two more days more than him so I can stay up with him on our runs together, but I am excited for the push. Any advice is greatly appreciated! We still have need to get James some good running shoes and me a sports bra that will actually support. But we are pumped and stoked to do this!


10 comments:
Congrats on the commitment to run a half. I ran my first half marathon 3 years ago and loved it! They are the perfect length. I don't know how anyone does full marathons. 26.2 miles is far! 13.1 is great! Just make sure you keep up the training. You'll feel tons better after a race if you are prepared for it. Good luck! I'll be training with you. I run the National HalfMarathon the end of March!
That is awesome Linds! You will love it...I loved doing it, but to be honest I've lost my love for running...I am too obsessed with Turbo Jam now:) hahah. Good luck with training! Talk to you soon!
Linds..way to go!!! There is no way I could do that! I am so proud of you!! Keep us updated on the training. You can do it!!!
Well, that is good that the back of your head will look pretty...but I ran today and now you better watch out. Okay, so not really, I realized today that the time it took me to run 2 and 1/2 miles... it would take me about six hours to run the 13 miles. But maybe I am just saying that so you will think that you can beat me? uhm? Let the mind games begin!
Lindsey!!! Oh my goodness I am so so so excited that you are going to run a half marathon!!! That is so awesome! You seriously are going to feel so good about yourself! And yes I would definitely love to run the half marathon with you guys! Have you already signed up? Oh and don't worry running outside gets sooo much easier with time. When I first made the switch from the treadmill to the great outdoors it was hard but now I would much rather run outside than inside on a treadmill. We should go running together sometime!
Hi Lindsey, I'm Kellie's sister. I've never met you, but I've met James many times, and I've seen many pictures of your wedding. Congratulations byt the way. I was going to tell you about my awesome sportsbra. I know you're thinking Kellie's sister probably looks like Kellie, but I actually have huge boobs! I was training for a half marathon in the fall and I used the best soprts bra ever. It's called Enell. I found it watching Oprah one day, it was one of her favorite things. Now, it's one of mine:) Here is a website to find them in your area. http://www.enell.com/ Good luck on the half marathon. I'm thinking about training for another one this spring. Kellie wants me to come out there and run with you guys, but I don't think I'll be ready by then:(
Linds you inspire me! I love your guys' team name, that is awesome! I definitely want to run with you, if that's okay! I need to call you!
Love you!
Your team name is awesome. I totally love it, and I may take you up on running it too. We shall see:)
Shad and I ran the 2005 St George Marathon for our anniversary. You guys will have a blast. Don't worry if you don't get all the miles in you plan on. The most I ran was 16 miles before the race, and Shad stopped training for two months and then started back up the last month with a few long runs (he's amazing, I swear he's a machine) and I trained the whole time and he still beat me by ten minutes grrrrrr... anyway that's awesome!
I am jealous of your ambition...I love to run but when I am out of shape...it's not so fun. Good for you and hopefully you'll make it a part of your life. You are going to feel so good about yourself. Keep up the good work and don't let your brothers hang a rain cloud over your running, they are probably be jealous. Except Todd is going to be getting some running in his zebra outfit, maybe you can convince him to do a 5k with you.
Post a Comment