And so it happened... Let me start from the beginning. I have always vowed to NEVER do face book or myspace due to the fact that everyone and their dog was addicted to it and so I stood ground never faltering. But around come these cute little blogs, wholesome and a good way to keep in touch with family out of the state. My sister-in-law was doing it, so of course it was ok for me! Then the finding of friends and family and their friends and family through clicking on everyone's 'Bloggin buds' links. I get so enthused, awed, and fascinated with how great people are. Seriously! There are some peoples blogs that, as lame as this may be, strengthen me because they are so strong in life and so fun and happy. (Like my justification?!) Then I start seeing pictures of familiar places with bloggers I don't know, but know the place, I start to think, 'Have I seen them? What if I run into this unknown blogger?! Do they know me?'. WELL IT HAPPENED!! I went with a girl from work to go pick up lunch for our office and I walked past this girl I have shamelessly looked at her blog a couple of times. I felt SO AWKWARD! I immediately looked down and thought I was so horrible for reading her blog. I kept saying to myself, 'Please don't recognize me!'. As I have been thinking about this encounter I keep wondering, what happens when you run into the person of a blog you have looked at. Have they looked at yours? Would you recgnoize each other? How would the conversation go? I imagine it to be like this... Let's call the other girl blogger 'Jane'.
Lindsey: Do I know you from somewhere? You look familiar. (And of course I would say something because I was born with this trait where my filter system is set at low, meaning I say or do things WELL before thinking, and then realize the after math when all is said and done)
Jane: I don't know where from, but you look familiar as well.
Lindsey: Wow, this is embarrassing but I have looked at your blog and know what you ate last night
Jane: oh... well... I know how your Vegas vacation went, looked like a good time.
Lindsey: heh heh (these are those forced awkward laughs where your face is beet red and you feel the nervous gas coming). Well it's nice to meet you in person.
Jane: *Awkward smile
Lindsey: Good luck blogging
Both parties walk away and I KNOW James would be so embarrassed because he knows how obsessed I am with blogging. Have I learned from this experience? No, not really. Have I looked at that person's blog to see if by chance they wrote something about the encounter... sure have! Now am I a bad person for looking at people's blogs? It's because of people like me that some of my close friends have made their blogs private, and no... I was not blocked from their blog. I have permission! :) It's funny I don't turn mine to private, my sister and I have discussed this and we've decided against. Mainly so my dear parents can look at it, but still. I will end there with my rambling of awkward other blogger sitings. Maybe we can turn this into a game and start a blog to say who fellow blogger we have seen. Sigh... why are blogs so fun?!
1 day ago


11 comments:
Crazy!! I never thought about what it would be like to run into someone I know only in the blogging world. I don't understand why blogging is so addictive, either. I feel like I need to start giving myself time limits or something! Haha. I wish you would have said something to the girl. Well, that might have been a little creepy for her, but whatever. I guarantee she does the same thing! We have our blogs out there for the world to see, so we better expect people to see them!!
I laughed out loud the whole time I was reading this. I look at so many random people's blogs and wonder if they would be offended or simply weirded out. I find myself drifting off to the blogging world when Haylee is napping and when my students are at recess. I am glad to know that I am in the majority of all who have an RPBA "random people blogs addiction."
Your so awesome! I love your honesty! I don't care who you are, everyone of us have looked at people's blog's we don't know :) Speaking of private blogs...Annie asked for my email address so she could add me to her "private blog viewing list" and I gave it to her, but now I can't get into her blog. She looks at mine and comments, but I can't look at hers. Will you send her a comment with my address again so I won't be blocked? its karleeburton@hotmail.com
Thanks Your the best!!
Linds,
First of all, you have like 250 friends that you know on you blog list to begin with,it seems like keeping up with who you know would be a chore in and of itself.
Second, you are very honest and I love it. I want to make my blog private not nessasarily because of people I don't know randomly looking at it, but we might be out job hunting and I hear more and more that employers are searching for you on the web. I don't want to miss out on a job because I had an uncoordinate background scheme or misspellings on my blog. Maybe that's a little over cautious... but hey, we already established here that many people are looking that we don't know right? Love ya.
My opinion is... if she didn't want you looking at it, she would have set her blog to private. I made mine to be "not searchable" ( I don't know what you call it) and it doesn't show up in my profile because i was getting these random comments, but I don't mind if people look at it from blog surfing other people's links. That is how you find long lost friends. That is funny, "How do I know you?" But, I don't think she cares, that is why she blogs. The internet is not were you go for privacy.
P.s. I have a Facebook and a Myspace account. Sometimes I give in to peer pressure.
Ha, ha! That is so funny. I'm sure everbody looks at other people's blogs...I do! I have been able to find so many old friends that way. I love blogging for that reason.
This is kind of embarrassing to admit, where lots of people can read it, but I just about peed while I was reading this post! Loved it.
I love the way you discribe your speech filter. I have always just said that I say stupid things sometimes. But that is a much more ladylike way of describing myself. I'm officially adopting your idea. I still bite my fingernails and smile at other drivers when I make them mad, just like your mom taught me. It works wonders! I love that lady! Maybe you guys should adopt me and my family as in-laws then I could see you a little more. I'll even buy birthday gifts for the nieces and nephews.
You are the funniest lady. I love your post, I was cracking up!
SOOO FUNNY!
Post a Comment