Monday, February 25

Washer and Dryer!!

We are sooo excited! We got ourselves a washer and dryer this past weekend!! Since we have been married we have been taking our clothes to either my parents or James' parents house to do our laundry. We are extremelly grateful for both of the parents for being so generous and for helping us finish a load or two when we were not able to. Sometimes we would be so busy we would just throw one load in and then call and ask them to switch the loads; loads getting up to 4 or 5 loads at times. ha ha! :) Since we have been married we have not had a washer/dryer and a dishwasher, and I really love it! The dishwasher abscense has really taught me to be creative with using dishes and has helped me build a high tolerance for scolding hot water. Gotta kill those germs! We got the washer and dryer Saturday morning and after some close weather calls, bloody fingers, and muscles strained we were all set up! We got so excited to do our laundry and it was so wonderful having our VERY OWN!! WAHOO!!! I don't care that I am a nerd that is so excited for a washer/dryer, just shows that I am officially a wife! They are so cute too. All white and pretty, I love them!! Those little things in life that make everything worth it!!

14 comments:

AlexisTexas said...

it's so funny the things that we get worked up about in "real life" eh? ha...we are the same way-all we asked for last year for graduation was money for a washer and dryer-so we hear ya! congrats on the new devices-they really do make things easier-esp when the little ones come into the picture!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Yeah! I totally understand how important it is to have a W/D. It is one of top 3 things I HAVE to have in an apartment. You are just so dang cute. I bet you are probably the cutiest wife out there!

LeAnn said...

I completely understand why you are so excited, when we moved out of the apartment and into the house we are in now we finally got a washer and dryer, but unlike you we went to the laundrymat, so I feel your excitement.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

gotta love appliances! i just got myself my first blender and a new vacuum and it was the most exciting thing that's happened to me since the birth of nash! props on going so long without a w/d! and no dishwasher? THAT will teach you patience if nothing else does! congrats on being a true domestic!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Yea!! Washers and dryers are not to be taken for granted, so they are very deserving of a blog post! I wouldn't trade mine for anything (unless it was like a million dollars... or like 10 more washers and dryers) Congrats! Let me know if you run out of laundry and want to do ours=)!

Carly said...

linds...you are always so happy and positive on this blog...it's a fun thing. anyway, do you mind if i put a link on my blog to yours?

Allie said...

Lindsey thats great that you got a washer and dryer!! I can't imagine how great marriage is going to be if I get excited to buy a washer and dryer, definitely sounds like something I want to get myself into...ha ha jk I'm sure I'll understand your excitement one day! By the way I like all the pics from the Vegas trip...what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right? :)

Lindsey said...

Rob and I played the in-law clothes washing game for the first six months of our marriage. We got a washer for Christmas and then got a free dryer. One month later we moved out of our apartment and put them both in storage. So, I was so excited to get them back. Isn't being married funny? Excitement comes from things you never thought you would care about. When we moved into our house I literally cried when we unpacked my red kitchenaid. Anyway, very fun stuff.

Kimbo said...

Linds that is so great! I can completely understand your excitement about getting your very own washer & dryer! Yeah I am so excited for you, you are the cutest wifey!

kellie said...

We didn't have a dishwasher for 6 years when we got married. I swore that I would never do that again.

Congrats on the Washer/Dryer set!

May your clothes always be happy and clean.

Doug and Brandy said...

LOL!!!! I love it! Doug and I took our clothes to his grandma's house to do laundry for the first 6 months and then we moved to his parents for the next year so we did it there! We didn't get a washer and dryer until we moved back and it had been 1 1/2 years! Congrats on the big purchase!

Tamara Jacobs said...

WOOHOO for the washer and dryer! What would we do without those babies? Love ya Linds!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for saying hi on my blog!! Cute little couple... I haven't seen you for ages. Hope all is well! Remember dancin' on the cruise of 05?! I wanted to be you! That was fun. xoxo - Lindsay N

Carlos & Karly said...

Linds!! You and your hubby are so adorable. Congrats, hope things are perfect!!