Sunday, February 10

Clogging and stories...

I am clogging again! I am sooo excited!! I have now clogged for about 14-15 years. It kind of dwindled in the past couple of years due to living in Provo (my studio was in Sandy and made it difficult with everything to get there), and with Cambria moving to Morgan. BUT Cambria called on Friday asking if I would help out since a girl on a team she teaches just quits.... 3 WEEKS BEFORE COMPETITION. Hello! After consulting with my wonderful husband I agreed to clog. I went to Morgan (the city) Saturday morning and learned a lot of the dance. I love clogging so much. It's so unique and it really makes me so happy when I dance!! WAHOO!!! Thank you Cambria! Love you!
Saturday night while serving at Lonestar I had quite the experience with Mr. Jerkhead. Usually I have awesome guests and we have a good time. I mean steaks and me as your server, really, what could be better?! Well I greet a table of a Mr. Jerkhead and Snotface. Mr. Jerk never even looked me in the face the whole time I served them. Now... Lonestar was out of so much stuff, it was super frustrating for us tonight, BUT not the servers fault. Lonestar gets their truck tomorrow and have had a busy week. And yes I understand that not being able to get our fabulous Prime Rib because we have run out for the night, would suck, but dude... when you come into a busy steak house on a Saturday night and ask for Prime Rib, an awesome cut of meat at freaking 9:45pm, what do you expect?! PLUS ... we have signs everywhere saying 'Prime Rib served only on Friday and Saturday starting at 4pm and all day Sunday, until we are out'. Of course we are out of the delicious bread and great... we run out of strawberry lemonade, a drink they BOTH ordered. So Mr. Jerkhead and Snotface never warm up, which I found weird considering I was trying to kill them with kindness. I even offered to buy them an appetizer for all the crap Lonestar was out of, they refused. HERE COMES THE BEST PART.... I hand him back his credit card to sign his copy and give me my tip and he proceds to say, 'Just so you know, I don't have any money so I can't give you a tip.' GASP! I probably looked like a deer in headlights. WHO DOES THAT!!!! I just muttered a, 'Ok', turned around and cursed his name. Ok seriously who do you think you are?! If you don't think you have money to tip, why in the world did you take your Snotface girlfriend out to dinner to a steak house. BOO!

I apologize for the negativity above, I really needed a vent session. But this up-coming weekend I get to go on a mini-vacation with my sweetheart for Valentines! I am SO EXCITED!! I just love James so much. He is so freakin cute with me and makes me laugh and makes life so enjoyable! I love my man!!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Linds

That is so awesome that you are clogging again. I'm excited for you. And what a frustrating night. I did make it to girl's night and I said that we should have gone to eat at the Lone Star and visited you, that would have been fun. I would not have been mad at you even if you were out of everything but saltine crackers and I would have left you a huge tip because you deserve it.

Have fun in Vegas- I'm jealous.

Burt Bunch said...

That is so fun you are clogging again, Linds, you are the best! We missed you at girls' night! Like Jenna said, it would have been fun to go there and visit you! Have a great Valentines Day!!!

Kristen said...

You make me laugh!!! I have a feeling mr jerkhead had money, but since he was mr jerkhead, he told you that he didn't. They should have been kissing your butt for coming in so late and having so many lame requests.
Jill if you read this...I love you to and miss you! I love to read your girls blogs so I know what you are up to. You have such an awesome family and darling grand babies. I was sad I didn't get to see you at my mom's church.