Monday, March 3

105 girls

Lacy, Marielle, Jen, and me

I don't know about you but as I have grown I have accumulated different sets of bestest friends. I have my high school crew, my clogging crew, my ward crew, and I have my 105 crew. Now, you are probably ready to start making fun of me, and that's ok. My very best friends in college were Lacy, Lyndsey, Marielle, Jen, Lisa, Morgan, and Emma. We always say how we were in each others lives for a reason and they really did help me through a pretty rough spot in my life. I love these girls and I know we will always be best friends! After some have moved home, other have gotten married or soon to be married, and some staying in Provo we decided it was finally time to get together. Sadly we dearly missed Lyndsey, Lisa, Morgan, and Emma but the rest of us had a good time! It was so nice to chill and talk about everything and nothing on Friday night with them. I love these friends so much and I am so glad we have remained friends!

Let me explain the 105 thing. We call ourselves 105 girls because that's what we were known as in P-Town. I know, I know, you're probably laughing at how totally lame it is to give yourself a nickname and that our girlfriends were known as the 105 crew, but seriously if we run into people they ask, 'How is 105?'. It's ok to laugh. James is getting a kick out of it. I purposely have not ever said 105 girls to him cause I knew he would have a hay day with it. So a week or so ago I was talking to him that we were having a 105 girls night on Friday. No response, at first! Then it started... 'The 801 boys are getting together for the game tonight', and 'The 801 boys are coming over'.... mind you there are no 801 boys. ha ha. He loves it. And yes I do agree it is a little silly, but deep down I love being apart of a cool crew with a name. (How totally 80's was that last saying)

5 comments:

Jordan said...

Hahahah! Were you the 105 girls because of your apartment number at Raintree?
We were the 108 girls!! Love it!

Julie said...

sorry I guess I was logged in as Jordan...it really is Julie

Reese Fam said...

Your blog is too funny! We were 222 at raintree... that is hilarious. Even more funny though is your post about seeing someone that you've read their blog!! I cannot stop laughing because just the other day I totally saw a girl at target that I always look at her blog, through a mutual friends, and we kind of caught each others eye... I'm pretty sure she looks at mine, too... and it was totally awkward!!! I just kept walking- only here's the stupid thing... for half a second I actually considered saying something!!! So I was dying as I read your "conversation"! Thank goodness I kept my mouth shut for once and walked away!!

Steffani Dastrup said...

Linds, I totally understand about the whole number nickname thing. We were the 103 girls at Raintree, and to this day when one of us girls mentions Todd, Jon, Erik, etc. they are still refered to as the 150 boys! It's just a really easy way to talk about a group of people and have the person your talking to know exactly who that group includes! I think it's awesome!

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

105 girls forever! I love you linds, I'm so sad I missed it, I was soaking up the sun in AZ at my niece's baby blessing. Let's do lunch...