Pocatello was fun this past weekend. I drove up to Pocatello with Cambria, her parents, and Stacie. It was a good drive full of memories, stories, and laughter. We danced on Friday night and nothing feels better than the adrenaline when you perform on stage! The team I danced on got the overall high score for the division and the duet I did also took a high score. It was fun to see the other dances and see friends I have not seen in a long time! It was fun to reminice on all our memories and funny quarks we use to do around each other. Shalene came up with her sisters Lindsay and Megan and it was so fun to go to dinner that night! Shalene and I use to do a duet about 8 years ago and we had so much in common, and we still do. I love that relationships stay just as strong in our clogging family even when you don't see someone for so long! I loved being able to talk to LaChere! She kept laughing cause I kept telling her how much I owe to her and her amazing ability at teaching clogging and so many other life lessons! It's funny because Friday morning I went to a gym class and I was getting tired but in the back of my head I kept thinking, "LaChere wouldn't quit, so I WILL NOT!'
Me and Aubree.
This girl is amazing at the splits. In fact Ayrion was telling me that when she was a baby she would only go in the splits. They had to hold her knees together to help her learn to crawl. Cute huh?!
This girl is amazing at the splits. In fact Ayrion was telling me that when she was a baby she would only go in the splits. They had to hold her knees together to help her learn to crawl. Cute huh?!
On Saturday the other levels competed. Janette also came up to Judge and it was so fun to see her and her new baby! Ayrion had teams all day to get practiced and on stage so I got to help her little girl Aubree get ready for each of her compeitions. This little girl is the sweetest thing! She is 6 and has this curly blonde hair and I wanted to take her home with me. Her and LaChere's little girl Mallory are prime examples of what I hope my daughters will be like. Cute, sweet, FUNNY, and awesome dancers! I almost forgot how draining competitions are, 6 hours on Friday, and 14 hours on Saturday. I wouldn't change it for anything! I was hoping to have some time to visit with Natalie while up in Pocatello, but it was too busy. Sorry Nat! Hopefully next time I am up there!!
After all was said and done Cambria and I decided to go hot tubing to relax our selves. I didn't bring a swim suit so we went to Wal-Mart and found some bottoms and a tank top. Mind you I am becoming more and more blonde and realized, when we got to the hot tub, that the bottoms I chose wear off white. Need I say more?! Luckily no one was really there and Cam helped me be modest getting out of the hot tub. I sure loved spending all that time with Cambria. She's always been such a good friend and makes me want to be a better person!
James had a good weekend too! He got to hang with a ton of different friends, saw the Jazz and BYU games, and ate at some yummy restaurants! We each had a good weekend and it was nice to see each other on Sunday. I got home at 11, and we took a nap from 12 - 4:30. AWESOME! I hope all your weekends were good as well!


8 comments:
I'm glad you guys did well. I remember when we were growing up you would miss things for clogging competitions or clogging class. You are so passionate about it and I love that about you.
When we lived in Utah I clogged at Buckles and Bows. It was super fun, but I don't think I would have been much good after that. It became quickly apparent that I have no coordination! Rock on cloggers!
That is cool, Lindsey. We can't wait to see you clogg (is that how you spell it?).
You should teach some of that to my girls.
That's okay we didn't meet up... it sounds like you were busy enough! I'm glad you got home okay too, after that random snowstorm we had here. Good job on getting your high scores in the competition!
Sounds like fun. I bet you loved competing again. It's good to see you still doing stuff you love. Was this your first weekend away from James?
I am so jealous! I miss everyone so much, especially since I didn't get to see anyone over Christmas. You know, I still find myself clogging in the kitchen every now and again, and I even found my old shoes this last week. Good Times!
I am so sad I missed it! I almost went to judge but I was out of town. I'm glad you did so well! I miss the clogging world... It really is a part of me that will never be replaced or forgotten.
I love reading your blogs and hearing how you are doing. I just started my own. It's my first time ever doing anything like this and I only have one post but I'm going to get as good as you soon... hopefully! its jennyawells.blogspot.com if you ever want to check it out. love you tons!!!!
Post a Comment