Isn't gas such a bothersome word? Gas in your belly hurts, gas coming out of your body is hillarious (ok, so maybe hillarious doesn't equal bothersome, but admit it's sooo funny!), and gas for your car is so lame. Ever since I started to drive I have always hated to fill my car with gas for the soul purpose of I am too busy to stop, get out of my car, make sure I don't lock my keys in my car, give the ugly machine my money, wait for the hose thing to give my car food, and then all this time try not to get gas on my fingers because when I go to bite my fingernails later on that day I get quite the nasty taste. With that being said....
I have not changed, in fact, I may have gotten worse. With driving to Morgan every week for clogging it is a guarentee I have to fill my car up a lot more than I would like to. Saturday night driving home from Lonestar the light came on; on Sunday when James and I were driving home from a park playing with my family he asks if I will be ok to fill my car up on Monday before work. 'Oh ya, no problem!'. Well Monday comes and I just don't want to stop and get gas, plus I had other things to do. Tuesday comes and I have this conversation with myself, 'You should probably get gas' 'Well... I will scout out the cheapest gas station price and do it then' 'Good plan! James will be proud!' (And don't act like you don't have conversations with yourself). Well Tuesday is here and comes and all the while I am driving around doing errands and going to a bridal shower/dinner.
Well then Wednesday comes and I try to figure out WHEN exactly I think I will have to get gas. It's still a matter of the cheapest price, but can I make it there? I am meeting my dear friends Annie and Brittany for lunch, I possibly don't have time to stop for gas during my lunch break from work, that means precious chat time with my friends. Gas can be so rude sometimes! We eat at Olive Garden by Southtowne Mall and as we all get in our respected cars mine starts to do the shakes as I am driving out of the parking lot. 'Oh no, it's comes to this!'. I look around to see where Ann and Britt are, 'Eh, I'm fine. If I get in REAL trouble, I will call them.' I make it to the light! All I have to do is cross a really big intersection, flip a U, and pull into the gas station. PLEEAAASE... I have this made!!! I started to pat myself on the back, maybe one pat too soon... I cross traffic. AWESOME! I flip the U. SWEET! I start to pull into Conoco... and Dee Dee gives out. She's too puckered to finish our adventure. I was dead dry and on an incline so any hope of powering ole Dee Dee back up was pointless. I put the hazards on, cause if anyone is around they will know not to hit me cause of two little blinking yellow lights (ya right!). I run into the cashier and this is our conversation:
Me: Can I borrow your gas can?
Conoco lady: We don't have one
Me: "deer in headlights look" You don't have one?!
CL: Well... uh...
Me: Well my car is blocking cars to get into your gas station. See it, she's blue...
CL: Oh fine, just promise to bring it back. It's by the dumpster.
Me: Thank you!!
I run outside to find this gas can by the dumpster when a man in a big jumpsuit looks at me like I am retarded. 'I have brought men to push your car for you.' AWESOME!! There is a Goodyear next to Conoco and they must have noticed the crazy blinking yellow lights and me running to and from the gas station to my car. The nice fellows pushed me into a gas pump and everything was GREAT!
My sweet husband has to deal with me and my crazy antics, and he's the BEST man to put up with me! I call him to tell him my story and ever so calmly he says, 'So are you alright?'. Of course I am and we go on with other conversation. I love it!! I love James more and more everyday for him putting up with me and being sweet with me. I can't handle when people get mad at me for silly little Lindseyism's. It's who I am, deal with it! I know my Dad is reading this and just shaking his head at me... yes Dad, one day I will learn my lesson! But then again, this is my 5th time running out of gas... maybe this time I wont push it soo far.


13 comments:
That is so funny... I ran out of gas one day on the freeway- what a pain!!! I hate that a big thing on our budget is gas.
I try putting off getting gas for as long as possible, too. I always think maybe the next time we're in the car, Kipp will be in it too, and then he'll get the gas for me=). What a brat I am! But yes, it has gotten me into trouble a few times when I was stranded in the middle of a street.
If I realize I need gas and Jesse isn't with me, I will wait until he is so he can pump it for me because I can not stand doing it, especially when it is cold and wet outside.
You said on the way to lunch in the jordan parking lot, you were testing your car (or gas tank) really you were just being lazy... I see!!! :) I'm you could of called me or Annie we weren't far away! I could of helped the guys push your car!
That is an awesome story! I can't believe that lady lied and said she didn't have a can. What was that?
I ran out of gas a bout a month ago! I did the exact same thing, just kept pushing the limits! I ran out of gas in the middle of Farmington! So I had to call my dear friend that has 1-year old twins to come and take me to the gas station! Aren't friends and family GREAT! Now I get the worst anxiety everytime my car gets even close to running out of gas!
Lindsey, you are too cute! I was laughing hysterically while reading your awesome post! I love how honest you are! And I completely agree...I HATE getting gas...it is the biggest waste of time AND money!
Oh and by the way...How is Annie? I still can't view her blog, but will you tell her I said hello! Thanks!
ha ha ha I am laughing so hard right now. I love your guts lady! I am sorry it is becoming a pain to help me and my sister out this year. I wish we didn't live so far away umm I know, James transfer your job to the ogden area! Yeah, that will work. I'll help you find a job and we are all set. I can't wait to see you tonight and Saturday wahoo.
Linds,I love you! Even though you have ran out of gas a few times, at least you haven't locked the keys in the car numerous times, with the car still on...ya, only in Bessy, new cars have that nice feature where that CANNOT happen!!! :)
Linds, thanks for making me laugh! It brought back memories of when Robbie had to come get me on my way to a final...look back in my blog, the story's there and I'll admit, it still makes me laugh!
Oh man, what a great story! I was laughing my head off while reading. I've always been scared that would happen to me. I'm so glad it all turned out okay! :) Love ya girl and I can't wait to see ya! Vevs
I DO THE SAME THING. Well, not anymore. I had a similar experience as you only I was on the freeway and was puttering so badly that a UHP pulled me over and asked if I had been drinking! He escorted me to the nearest station. I've never ran out since.
Post a Comment