This past Memorial Day was the annual Jacobs family vacation. It was such a fun time! My brother and his wife, Shane and Meri, flew in from Chicago and so the whole family was able to be together! Friday morning we took off down to St. George. We drove with Shane and Meri which was so great to have that time with them, especially because they live far away. Friday night we ate at the infamous In and Out. James got his favorite, cheese burger and fries, and I got their grilled cheese. After dinner we headed over to the yummy Blue Bunny for some awesome ice cream.

We celebrated my Dad's birthday at Blue Bunny with a beautiful serenade from my brothers over the intercom in 3 high pitch voices that should not have come out of grown men. My dad got to wear a rockin Ice Cream hat. Happy Birthday Dad!! We stayed up late playing Times Up. I have never laughed so hard at the different actions, "I have not had sexual relations with another woman" imitiation from Cory, and faces when initialing looking at the cards. ha ha. It was so much fun to be able to all hang out together! 
Saturday the boys were able to play golf at their favorite course Sky Mountain in Hurricane. Tam, Meri, and I did Turbo Jam while everyone else headed off to the pool. We met up with them after Turbo, and enjoyed swimming, but we couldn't deny the cold weather much longer. We went to Pizza Factory and waited for our turn to taste their deliciousness. While we were waiting James and I took a walk to a scooter place. He tried to teach me how to drive one, and my chances to buy one went down quite a few notches. James, Meri, Shane, Todd, Dad, and myself played Settlers of Cataan. To my surprise, this game was a lot of fun!

Playin in the river

Todd, Shane, Cory, and Trish

Todd's jump

James saving himself from almost falling in

This rock took 3 grown men to throw it in the river

Sunday we took the day to relax and enjoy the warming weather. We took a nice walk along the river where we found some rocks to throw in the dam, horses to pet, and throw a football along the way. Did a little swimming, then we had the Jacobs version of Cafe Rio. It was oh so delicious!! Cory's infamous salsa, my Mom's pork, perfect Cafe Rio rice (ok side story - my Mom made the rice at home before we left for St. George but realized on the way down she forgot the rice. So she called her friend, Shelley Johnson, to go break into the house and bring the rice down. HA HA. My Mom will do anything to make sure her family is taken care of!)



Meri, Trish, and Momma Jill

Scuba Todd

Relaxing with the sports section

Preslee loving the height possibility

Monday the boys were able to golf again and we cleaned up and went shopping and one last round at In-and-Out. The weekend was such a blast and it was so fun to be in one living space with my entire family!! It was so nice to be able to spend the weekendIt is going to be weird to have Todd and Tam living in Missouri and Shane and Meri in Chicago with only us and Cory and Trish here, but we sure will make sure to cherish every time we have together!! Thanks Mom and Dad for such an awesome weekend, we loved every minute!!

Momma Jill and Boston

Cute picture from outside Pizza Factory.

Shane and Meri

Cory put tons of silly string from the dollar store and everywhere we went he was spraying one of us or a car next to them or a random person. This is the after-effect of Todd and Cory with the silly string.

Meri and Bauer

Tam, Momma Jill, and Dad

Pictures are worth a thousand words

Shaner
14 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast. I love your family, you guys always know how to have a good time.
WOW, Fun, fun, fun! I love family get togethers they are always so much fun and they bring big smiles to everyone's faces. Our family trip is coming soon next weekend and I am way excited
Your family sounds like our family when we get together with all the laughs. So much fun! Cute pictures!
Looks like so much fun! I love family vacations!
Fun pics. I like the one with the plastic the best!!! Lol.
Your family is so FUN. I wish I could have gone too. I love the boys in your family, they have always been so crazy and wild! On a side note. Is Tam doing any more TJ at the life centre? I was out of the country when she did that last one and I am so bummed I missed it. I would totally have made it for that. Let me know when her next class is!
k so don't you just love families...looking at your pictures makes me so excited for my upcoming family vacations. Its so nice when you still get along with all of your siblings and you actually like hanging out with them. It makes me so sad to see familie that are torn apart
Oh Linds, how fun! Too bad we didn't know that each other were down there! I love that In N Out is finally in Utah, woo-hoo!
How cute! You all look like you are having SOOOOO much fun!!! Families are the best!
It looks like your family has tons of fun when you're all together! We love to get away to St. George too! Next time your there, try Nielson's Frozen Custard! It is the best "ice cream" ever! Whenever we go to St. George we have to get it at least once a day!
Okay, I guess that would have been more fun than running the boulder bolder. I still have two weeks before I can run anyway!
Good times!!
Great post! it feels like all of us in Blogosphere were right there in St. George with you! Your family is awesome.
cute fam!!
Looks like you had a blast! I love it when Shane and I get together with his family in St. George. There's so many people and it's always so much fun to stay up late and play games and talk!
Post a Comment