This past weekend was a fun and pretty intense weekend. We had our big clogging competition at Lagoon this past weekend. It is the biggest competition of the year and it is really quite time demanding, but well worth it! On Friday I was planning on leaving work early to get up to Lagoon in time to practice with my partner. But then James called and he had gotten really sick, so I picked him up from work and we went to the Urgent Care. He had really bad stomach pains and his head hurt. He could barely walk into the Urgent Care, I hated seeing him so sick. The doctor said that allergies are the worst ever (which she explained is why he had a sore throat, head congestion, and cough for 3 weeks) and the mucus was now upsetting his stomach. Bodies are so crazy! I layed him in bed, got the perscription and set off to Lagoon.
I was worried I wouldn't make it in time for the 6 o'clock start, cause I wasn't able to leave our house until 4:45. Let's just say I was moving at incredibly fast freeway speeds of 20 mph. ha ha. Oh it was pure torture!! I made it right at 6, with no time to spare. I changed super fast and then the big individual clogging competition of the night started. It was so fun to be there with old friends and to dance the night away! That comptetion didn't get over until 10:45pm.
One of my teams dancing on stage
Saturday morning started bright and early with having our team meet at Lagoon at 8am. We practiced and then did our dances. This was the first time James has seen me clog, I didn't realize I would be so nervous with him watching! The whole time I kept thinking 'Don't look over at him. Keep looking at the judges' and with all this going on I messed up a couple of times (sorry Cam). My parents came as well and it was fun for them to see my dance again. James and my parents had to leave before our last dance due to other appointments, but I was SO glad that James was able to come!! We rocked our last dance and then I took off to go be home with James for a bit before the big awards show.Ayrion, me, Cambria, and Veva
(All 3 are sisters and you can tell by how pretty they all are!!)
Stacy and I on stage receiving our awards!
Friends Forever! me, Jenny, and Veva!! 
The MVP winners - LaChere, Veva, Kandice, Cambria, and all the other special people
The weekend was so much fun!! I loved every minute of it. I loved seeing good friends like Leah, Natalie (Congrats on your engagement!), Linds Greenwood, Jamie, Jenny, Veva, and my dear LaChere! I know some of you are thinking, she is 22 and still clogging?! Well guess what, LaChere is still rockin it and she's older than me (no specifics will be disclosed). Dancing is joy that can never be taken away! James is feeling much better now, which is really good!


8 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I say, who cares how old you are, if you like something you should do it. I'm glad James is better.
This post almost made me cry. I miss clogging so much, but I think I miss my second family more! I am so glad you got to be there with everyone. Maybe next year, I'll be back too!
I'm sorry James got so sick... that stinks! Glad he's doing better, though. I can't believe this was his first time seeing you clog! Sounds like it was a fun one! P.S. You always look so cute in pictures.
Good times! You guys need to compete in a clogging competition in Denver, so we can watch!!!
Linds, great job Saturday night! I'm sorry I had to leave from JetStar because Addy had a little diarrhea disaster. I thought you guys would understand :) And, I didn't get to see you after the show and tell you congratulations on making the team. You are the best! It was so fun to hang out with you this weekend...thanks for keeping me company on my breaks!
Sounds like a good time! You have always been so great at clogging, and you should keep it up as long as you can... no matter how old you get!
linds, i can't tell you how great it was to see you! you are so crazy and fun as always and i just love you!! lets don't make next may the next time i see you... :)
p.s. love the pictures! but what an awful one of me... it had been a long day. haha!
Oh, these pictures were so fun to look at! I like us! :) I love dancing! Isn't it great! Love ya vevs
Post a Comment