Friday, June 27

When the cats away

This weekend should be a good weekend. James went with some of his best friends to St. George and Vegas for the weekend. I am totally happy he was able to go so he can relax and enjoy being a boy for a weekend and forget about all of lifes crap. I always relish in my own time, maybe because I did live on my own for a few years before I met James, but it's so different now that I am married. I don't sleep well while he is away, which is fine... I didn't sleep through college, what's so different now?! It's pretty funny because I make sure someone is on the phone with me while I check every nook and cranny of our apartment for something that will kill me. Then I leave most the lights on, lock the bedroom door, leave the TV on, have my keys next to me, and doze in and out through the night. The comfort that James brings to the house and especially to me is irreplacable! He truly is becoming my strength that I lean on. Whenever I am upset or had a bad day or just need someone to talk to he's the one that helps me be calm and helps me understand the bigger picture. The other night I was upset and he just calmly says, 'You're home and here with me. You have nothing to worry about here'. Awe... he is so fanfrickingtastic!

BUT if the boys are away the GIRLS GET TO PLAY!! Last night we had a baby shower for Ash Curtis. Have you ever seen a girl that is a size zero and 8 months pregnant? One word... BEAUTIFUL! It was such a blast! We laughed so hard through the night and just loved hanging out together. We missed you Lacy and Linds Barfuss. I am so glad all of our friends have stayed so close over all these years. They truly are the bomb diggity! Tonight will be more girl time, maybe hit up Boondocks or the movies, and tomorrow is nothing but reading my People magazine and laying by the pool! Life is so sweet when you pretend you don't have responsibilities! Hope all your weekends are great! Any fun plans?!
Love Linds

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

When Jesse is gone I toss and turn all night and I make Mandy sleep in the bed with me. I also call Karen when I am on my way home and make her stay on the phone until I am ready for bed. Then I keep the house phone and my cell phone next to the bed and I lock the bedroom door. Sounds like you are having a good time with the girls. We are leaving for the beach Sunday morning, coming back Thursday afternoon and Thursday night Monika, Paige, my mom and Neo (the dog) are arriving and staying all weekend. They are traveling across the country to move to Arizona from New Jersey. I am so excited I can't wait.

The Fergi Fam said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who freaks when I'm alone. Daniel has started working nights and it's taken a long time but I can finally sleep most of the night as long as I leave my contacts in, leave my cell phone by my pillow, and leave several lights on. I don't have to sleep with the TV on anymore! :)I'm the worlds biggest scaredy cat!