6 1/2 hours hiking to the base of Lone Peak - Exhausting
Sleeping outside snuggled in a sleeping bag waking up imaging animals killing you - Scary
Hiking to one of the high points and enjoying the view with your brothers - Amazing
4 hours to hike back down the beast of a mountain - Tears and Pain
Hiking Lone Peak with my brothers - An experience I will cherish FOREVER

On Friday we set off on a classic hike of Lone Peak. This hike is like 3 hikes combined into one. I have never been pushed so hard physically and mentally in my life. Hiking all that way carrying a 30lb pack was quite the experience. Todd's friend Spencer came along with us. He has Gray's disease and I was impressed with his ability to battle through not only his illness but blisters on his feet after the first hour into our hike! The view was incredible the whole way up. Everything in it's perfect place... trees, rocks, flowers, streams. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but every minute, sore, scrape, and muscle fatigue was worth it! Being able to finally do this hike with my brothers after always watching them when I was a little girl go on this hike was the best! We had a lot of fun adventures from Todd trying to kill a snake, Cory seeing a Rattle Snake, sliding down glaciers on emergency blankets so we didn't have to hike down part of the way, and being able to accomplish something so awesome together! Thanks brothers, can't wait until next year!
12 comments:
That looks awesome! why did you have to burn your shirt? so sad!
I'm so glad that you guys did it!!! I was so sad I couldn't go, but next summer I'll be there! You got some awesome pictures! Love you lindsey lou!
I still hold a grudge against your bro Todd for never inviting me up there...he said, "Girls can't do that" Every year he hiked up there, and every year I wasn't invited...I am a tough girl. To make it worse, he invited Amy Martin our senior year, I guess she looks more tough than I do....what a stinker.
You amaze me more and more every day. What a growing time for you and your brothers if tomorrow isn't too crazy I will give you a call.
Wow! You are freakin awesome!! I've always wanted to do that hike. It looks SO incredibly hard, but SO cool!!
Cute pictures Linds! What a fun memory!!
how fun to have a great family moment, brought tears to my eyes, ur lucky.
(not sure if its the bc???)
How fun Linds! It looks like you guys had a great time! Your family is so cute and fun!
Wow!! Your pictures are so awesome! I'm so proud of all of you! That will be a memory you will always cherish! You are amazing! I was a little worried for you to go...but I had no doubts you would make it!!
Should I go next year...I'll have a helicopter land me at the top!(ha..Ha!)
You even look glamourous while hicking. You are such a babe!! Thanks for getting in touch with Cambria about Meag, let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
K good for you that you hiked Loan Peak that is awesome, did you see Spencers blisters?? Also Happy belated b-day, I went to Lagoon this year for my b-day also, isn't it the next best thing to Disneyland? I love amusement parks. I hope to see you at Turbo Jam tomorrow
Wow... congrats on making it to the top! That's awesome!
Post a Comment