Monday, July 7

Long weekends are the BEST!!

We had such a good long weekend! Thursday we kicked it all of by James getting his Summer buzz on. I thought he was in the bathroom cleaning up his neck line, but nope, just giving himself a nice new Summer hair due! James played Halo with Brigham, Andrew, and Alex... while Raquel and I enjoyed some Rio and card games. Too bad Raquel can't live up to her smack talk, pretty sure I won most of them! ha ha. And I can talk smack cause she doesn't read this very often... love it!

Duncan and Vincent sword fighting

Friday morning for the 4th we met up with the Forrest family and had breakfast at Midvale Mining Cafe. It was delicious!! We then relaxed that afternoon and headed over to Ian and Wendy's for a BBQ. It was perfect weather to sit outside and eat and talk. The kids love to light smoke bombs in a bucket then jump over it with the different colors. Pretty cool! We ended off our night by watching the fireworks of Sandy City at Jordan High. Little Vincent was so excited each firework went off yelling 'It's GREEN' or 'It's RED'. That little guy was in heaven with fireworks then a 'choo-choo' (trax) drove by.

Jerry, James and Uncle DennyDuncan jumping over the bucket of smoke bombs

Saturday I tagged along with James, Jerry, and Brigham and went golfing at Mountain Dell. There were hundreds of gophers all over the course, cutest little things! It was a perfect day to golf and it was so fun to chill and spend all that time with James.
James puttingJerry and Brigham
Sunday we had a dinner to celebrate my birthday. My family has a tradition of doing a birthday dinner for the person's birthday with the menu being whatever the person chooses. We had a yummy BBQ and ice cream and one wicked game of Kroque. It is so fun to hang out and play with the fam. Todd and Tam leave so soon and it's going to be so sad with them gone, but the times we get with them now are so fun!! James and I ended the great weekend watching Vantage Point. Good movie! I hope all your weekends were fabulous!!
The sissy's - Trishie, me, and Tam
Sweet little Preslee Kae Tam and Macy

I think he looks smokin with the new due!

8 comments:

The Gibson's said...

What a fun weekend. You are always having fun. Happy birthday on Tuesday!!! I have a crazy week or two but after that I would like to go to lunch or something for your b-day.

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Sounds so fun! We started watching Vantage Point as well... what if we were watching it at the SAME TIME!?! Crazy. Happy Birthday on Tuesday, apparently=).

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

How fun, I miss that trampoline (Sp?) good times!! I think I would cry if Jason buzzed his head but James can pull it off, lucky you!

Julie said...

What a great weekend. You always do fun stuff with your families. We watched Vantage Point also this weekend. Good show! Oh, I really like Midvale Mining Cafe...those scones are so yummy!!

Nikki said...

it will be sad with Tam, Todd, Preslee and Baby 2 gone..... You have such a cute fam!

Shane said...

NICE BUZZ James!!!!

kellie said...

Good times! We miss our Utah 4th of July festivities!

Andrea said...

the picture of you two is so cute. love it.