Tuesday, August 5

The Moltenator

I believe one of my missions here on Earth is to enjoy and devore all the yummy desserts and treats the world has to offer. I fully accept! Considering desserts and treats are going to be to my vain existence of becoming a tub of lard, I try to enjoy them in all good time. Last night I went to Chili's with some gals I work with at Lonestar. I have been dying to try the white chocolate molten cake. I am a huge fan of the molten cake (even though I still love the brownie obsession at TGI Fridays much more). The waiter brings us this grand dessert and I must say it looks fantastic. Yellow cake shaped like an octopus thing, huge ball of icecream, white chocolate shavings, and a raspberry sauce drizzled around. We all took one big bite and ... well ... nothing. A couple more bites and your mouth starts doing that up and down tongue smacking thing (very disgusting). It is too much. No contrast in flavor for your tastebuds, just a huge overload of white chocolate. Which reminds me of the time that Lindsey J and I bought some big ol golf balls as big as your fist made of white chocolate. They started melting and naturally you have to eat melting chocolate. Lets just say I didn't have white chocolate for years after that incident. In conclusion if you are at Chili's and feel like endulging in dessert, choose anything but the White Chocoloate Molten Cake. (But the server did say if you like it you'll love it, or vice versa). Happy Eating!

8 comments:

kellie said...

Thanks for the heads up!!

Brittany said...

So we totally have to agree with you! Being that the chocolate molten cake is Nate's very favorite dessert we thought we would try the white chocolate one! Oh no, to say the very least we were seriously disappointed!! It really is not good, so we say stick with the chocolate molten!

The Fergi Fam said...

thank you for the warning. Knowing me I would've wanted to try it because I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate one. I'll just stick to chocolate! :)

Kristen said...

What a bummer, You've gotta try the asphalt pie at wingers, my mouth is watering it just thinking about it.

Julie said...

I hate wasting money (and calories) on something that isn't worth it. How disappointing.

Alisha, Paul and Leila said...

I too feel like my mission on earth is to eat desserts.

Shannon said...

you are the greatest! of course i remember you!! i remember seeing you a few times at uvsc too! I love blind dates i have been dating a liitle bit this summer so for sure give him my number 413-4515

Ayrion said...

Ok Linds...this has nothing to do with your blog, but I just love hanging with you!! The other day when we went out to lunch you just radiated the room!! There is just something about you girl....I think it is your bright sparkely eyes....that just makes me want to always stay close friends!! I hope all is going well & you have an AwEsoMe day!!! Your the best...love ya tons!!!