Sunday, August 17

My Grandma

My Dad called this morning telling me that his mother, my Grandma Ruth, has passed away. She was such a wonderful and strong woman. She loved her family more than herself. She was amazing. It was pretty sudden and it is sad. Cory's family, James and I went to church with my parents and it is really hard to see my Dad so sad. The funeral is on Friday in Pennsylvania and hopefully I can go out. It could cost too much to go, but I want to go, so I guess we will have to wait and see. I wish James could have met her. I will miss your laugh and your 'Golly Gee' or 'Judas Priest'. ha ha. A good lady has left this earth. I love you Grandma!

16 comments:

Nikki said...

Sorry Linds.....so sorry for your dad. We had a wonderful time with him last night at the ward party. Kyle and him sat on the grass forever and talked. You have such a great family! Give Lonny a BIG hug from our family. Love ya!!!

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I've heard that she was a wonderful woman, I know she will be missed. Your family is so great... I hope you can make it to the funeral too!

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

Hey Linds, It's me Hillari from Fire tap do you know who I am? J/K. I hope that you are doing well. It is to bad to hear about your grandma. I know it has to be hard. I have never had a grandparent die yet but we just found out that my grandma rock has only 6 months left so I know it has to be hard I don't know what i will do with out her. I hope you are able to go to the funeral.

Hillari

Our Fun Times said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that Linds! Sounds like you might have gotten your funny gene from her huh! :)

kellie said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma, Lindsey. She sounded like a lot of fun. I would have loved to meet her too. Love you! Kellie and family

P.S. Way to go on your run!! That is so great!

LeAnn said...

Lindsey I am so sorry to hear that about your grandma. My heart goes out to you during this tuff time and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Andrea said...

oh im sorry to hear that. i hope you are able to make it out there.

Burt Bunch said...

Linds, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. You have such a sweet family and we are thinking of you all!

Lindsey said...

Sorry about your grams. Give your dad my condolences too. I lost my three living grandparents in two years and it's hard, but at least we know we'll see them again!

Karlee Turner said...

Oh I'm sorry Linds! My Grandma just passed away a couple months ago...its a hard time. But we are SO lucky to know that we will see them again! Death would be so much harder without that knowledge. And don't worry about Tam's...I knew there was probably something off, but dont' even worry about it! I still think your great!

Heath said...

That is just so sad. I really hope you get out to Pen. I think your dad would love to have as much family there as possible. It could also be a benefit for you to have that closure

Lindsey said...

Linds
I am so sorry for your loss. I bet she was a wonderful woman. Good thing we have eternal families! Love you! If you need anything, please call!

Angie said...

Lindsey, so sorry to hear about your grandma, We just went through this with Brad's grandma. I hope you can go to the funeral it's nice to be with the family.

Jill said...

What a nice tribute to Grandma Ruth! She was so special...I just loved her so much! She loved you very much too and always asked about you and what you were doing...clogging, working, James, traveling, etc.

Megan said...

I am so sorry Linds! I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so much! Sometimes the only comfort is knowing you will see them again.

Angi Gerrie said...

Don't even worry about Saturday! I was doing the same thing- it was pretty weird... but overall I am glad I showed up. I am sorry to hear about your grandma...