Thursday, September 11

Make a box cake better

I have a fun bridal shower next week, and I ordered some very fun goods online for it! I will be making my dear bride a fun/naughty cake with all its chocolatey goodness. Secretly I have this desire to be the best baker/cook there is, and so I will involve you in my quest. I will make a regular box cake but with the great tools of the www I have found out some secrets I want to share! Personally I can't remember if I ever have had a cake made from scratch, but I can only imagine it being oh so delicious (and this coming from someone who has cake close to the bottom of her favorite dessert list)

Except for this bad boy from PF Changs... mighty fine!

Make a box cake better!
Use the regular box mix and ingredients it calls for
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 box instant pudding
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips
* handful chocolate kisses

Special instructions:
* Add instant pudding to mix before you add the liquids
* When the mix is no longer powdery (after you have mixed dry and liquid) add the sour cream
* When mix is mixed, then add chocolate chips and stir with a spoon
* After mix is in pan add the kisses pointey side down until the bottums are even with the batter

Hopefully it turns out yummy!
I am so excited for this cake adventure!
info found here

6 comments:

Angie said...

Let me know how it turns out, I love cakes and anything dessert.

Krista said...

Ooh that sounds delicious! I am going to try it and I will let you know how it turns out! Thanks for the recipe!

Leah and Mike said...

Cake is basically my favorite thing in the world...and this sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!! Thanks for the delicious tips my little baking friend :)

LeAnn said...

I am going to try that, it sounds really good. And I just had to tell you that I too am obsessed with the new 90210. Jesse denies it, but he loves it too.

Reese Fam said...

I love your blog- it's so entertaining to read! I haven't looked at it for awhile, so I just spent forever reading it. And don't worry, I have lost pretty much every key we've ever owned. Don't bring it up to Ryan... he gets pretty mad about it :) I can't believe you guys have almost been married a year!! Congrats!

Reese Fam said...

k how random. I was just looking at your comments and Angie Haaga got her pictures taken at my house last week. What a small world!