Thursday, September 18

The next Martha Stewart... PSYCHE

Last night I made some cakes and cookies for my friends bridal shower tonight. I probably should take a clean picture of my kitchen for you to realize that my kitchen was extremelly messy... I LOVED IT. I love to bake because things get messy and it doesn't matter what happens (i.e. flour, chocolate, frosting, butter all over and EVERYWHERE). I think James has now learned to steer clear of me and the kitchen while I bake.

Let me share why I am such an efficient baker:
* I had to walk to the store 3 times because each time I left the store I had 'everything I needed'

* The cake pan was so overfull half of the batter is on the bottom of the oven
* I tried getting the cake out of the cake pan to cool and I broke it in half
* I got so involved in Gossip Girl I forgot cookies were in the oven... What is that smoke?!
* Husband proceeds to help me see I have chocolate batter and flour all over my clothes

I tried out that recipe I posted below with adding things to a box cake and here is my conclusion. Pudding mix: good.
Sour Cream: good
Hershey Kisses: good
Chocolate chips: bad {The chocolate chips just sunk to the bottom and then were stuck to the cake pan}

P.S. Despite all that does happen, it does taste good... I swear! ha ha

9 comments:

Jamie G said...

It's not true baking unless you make a mess :). I didn't get that email. I'll see what I can do though

LeAnn said...

My kitchen is always a disaster area when I am baking. I think it is a must in order for it to be good.

Heath said...

We all have our fair share of blurps in the kitchen. Maybe not all at once....but we've all been there. Hey at least your ambitious!

Heath said...

By the way...who loves halloween? YOU DO! I like the festive blog design. I just had my sister help me redo mine to. isn't it refreshing?

Heath said...

OK. I know it's quite complicated for the computer illiterates like me, but she could get you the instructions, I'm sure. If you aren't into computers or digital scrapbooking then maybe, just maybe she'd do it for you. I'll let her know of your interest.

Kristen said...

we had a yw bake-off last week, and one of the girls made brownies that were too gooie, so they didn't come out of the pan, and she tried to roll them into balls...are you serious? I also have had my fair share of cake disasters, when then frosting rips the whole top layer of the cake off...I still don't know how people do it.

Meredith said...

You know me and baking - I can't get enough! I'm happy to see you having so much fun! Love the halloween design! Miss you and love you tons!

Stacy said...

They really were good! thanks for all of your help for the shower!!

Leah and Mike said...

I HATE getting my kitchen dirty when I bake - cleaning up is the worst part. Thanks for the conclusions on the cake recipe - yum!