Write your story with a bright perspective,
have your happy ending in mind
and let the middle fall into place.
have your happy ending in mind
and let the middle fall into place.
Why is so it so difficult to find happiness within ourselves?
We are our own worst critic.
An influential improtu talk with one of my best friends
helped me realize some valuable information.
We were talking about ourselves,
"I wish I could lose 5-10 lbs"
"I want to be stronger"
"I wish I believed in myself"
And she shared something very fascinating about it all.
We would never say any of that to our loved ones.
There is NO WAY I would ever tell James,
or my family, or a friend that they...
were not good enough
were too fat
were weak
were lousy.
There is NO WAY I would ever tell James,
or my family, or a friend that they...
were not good enough
were too fat
were weak
were lousy.
Because I believe in them too much
and think highly about all those around me.
Then why do we do it to ourselves?
We would NEVER treat any of our loved ones
like the way we treat ourselves.
I'll say it... how I treat myself.
I'm the first to admit I am totally guilty of this.
I could, and do pick, myself apart of hours on end.
Because of it I have done some major damage to myself.
My self worth.
My self confidence.
But I'm sick and tired of it.
I'm ready to pick up the gloves,
and fight it.
Beat it till it wont get up again.
Understandable this will be my life long fight,
but I'll do it.
I'll do it for my happiness.
James' happiness.
My future chickens happiness.
Finding happiness in the monotony of life
Then why do we do it to ourselves?
We would NEVER treat any of our loved ones
like the way we treat ourselves.
I'll say it... how I treat myself.
I'm the first to admit I am totally guilty of this.
I could, and do pick, myself apart of hours on end.
Because of it I have done some major damage to myself.
My self worth.
My self confidence.
But I'm sick and tired of it.
I'm ready to pick up the gloves,
and fight it.
Beat it till it wont get up again.
Understandable this will be my life long fight,
but I'll do it.
I'll do it for my happiness.
James' happiness.
My future chickens happiness.
Finding happiness in the monotony of life
can be challenging.
Sleep
Work
Eat
Sometimes exercise
Sleep
Yet it can be so rewarding if you do search for what is
in your life that does make you happy.
The little things like:
A big warm hug before you go to work
A phone call from anyone!
Someone who let you in on a high traffic road
A thought that touched your heart
God listening AND answering your prayers
Flowers
Music
Laughter
The person who gives you a free refill just because
I am happy. I have a great life.
I have a fulfilling life with a great sexy man by my side.
Now I want to be happy through and through.
Love the mistakes and imperfections that
make me... well that make Lindsey!


4 comments:
beautiful linds. love it, love you.
Maybe we can work on this together. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love ya.
linds, thank you for posting this. we all get this way, some more than others or more often. i found myself doing this just recently... like yesterday. and i thought the same thing. open your eyes and see the beauty and blessings pouring in! and the more i see them the more i get! already i see a difference in myself. it is hard, but that is why we have our loved ones to help us when we have trouble helping ourselves. i'm here for you just as i'm sure you are for me! love you linds!
Thanks for that post. I need to jump on your joy train and be better to myself too. My husband's always telling me that. I think women especially tend to get locked in this lifelong battle of finding self-worth and confidence in this world. It's tough and I'm like you - I cannot judge another human being for fighting the struggle of life. We all need to encourage each other and ourselves. Thanks for that inspiration on this difficult Monday morning! I needed it!
Post a Comment