Thursday, September 24

A weekend to be had

This upcoming weekend is going to be a REAL good one!
I cannot wait!
Our first hurdle... we have standby tickets for the airline tonight. We hope we make the flight, if we don't wish us luck driving to Utah!
We are excited for some real Cafe Rio Lovin!!

We can not wait to see our families. Even though we have not been gone that long our families have already changed so much!! See what I mean...

But our main reason for our sporadic trip to Utah is to drive to Assspen Colorado to run the Golden Leaf Half Marathon. The half is this Saturday. And it is going to be interesting.

Interesting because I have been trying to train for this half marathon on the beautiful FLAT area of Palo Alto but this race is running from one ski resort to the other. Boy oh boy. The expectation for this race... Just don't finish last!! And as Lance Armstrong says... "Pain is temporary... Quiting is forever". Thank you Lance. I'll try.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun weekend! Good luck!!

Carly said...

good luck on your race! Moab is only about 4 hours from there....you ought to come visit! :)

Brooke said...

you my dear are so freaking rad! good for you. I keep telling myself I want to get in on the fun but cant seem to find the time. maybe in the spring! you inspire me to be skinnier and fit :)

Angie said...

Sounds so exciting! Good luck!! You will do great!

Jill said...

Run Forrest Run!!!!! You did it!! You ae amazing!! It was so good to see you and hang out!

Nikki said...

Hope you had a good trip...miss ya!