Tuesday, September 29

Whewie...

We had ourselves quite the weekend. Remember how I said we were flying standby? Ya, we'll never do that again!! Grateful for the help with the tickets but not worth the stress we ensued, or the anxiety I cause myself. Missed our first flight out to SLC. But we made it on a later one. And finally made it to SLC which is what counts!


Side note: We went to lunch at Cafe Rio on Friday. One of my best friends Amy walked in the door WE DID NOT know each other will be there. AND then Chelsea and Cecily came in too. It was a joyous reunion! I love running into people, especially since it doesn't happen that much anymore. Ok... at all.
James and I at the bottom of the hill/start of the race
We drove out to Aspen on Friday afternoon. Our brains did a wee lil trick on us making us think the drive was only 4 hours instead of 6 1/2. We woke bright and early Saturday to get ready for the half marathon. Stretching. Eating certain foods. Packed the Smarties {seriously try smarties on your next long run. amazing!}.
The race only allows 850 people to run and since you are running from one ski resort to the other they split the runners into 4 groups. Gary was in the 3rd wave and did great! Look at him so happy and ready for the run!

Kellie, Hollie, Chris, and I were in wave 4. The first obstacle is the mile and a half up the ski slope. Seriously imagine going up those beast of hills you ski down. We conquered that beast of a hill, ran through streams, twisted our ankles a few times, had sharp pains in the knees running down the mountain, and even managed to pass people at the end.
Kelly and I feeling good after the race.
Twice a grandma passed us on the trail. TWICE! This grandma was 67! She freakin rocked that course. Hope to be like her when I am 67.
Hollie and Chris coming in to the finish line.
me coming to the finish line.
I was so thrilled to finally see James' and the rest of the crew at the finish line. During the 1/2 I thought "Why in the world do I do this to myself?". But all the crazy thoughts fly away at the moment you see that finish line and see what you have accomplished. It is one amazing feeling!

11 comments:

Tamara Jacobs said...

wow linds!!!
you're amazing!
loved all the pictures...
you look awesome, and you are one fit chica!

love you!

kellie said...

oh yeah!! That was awesome!! Thanks for coming! And really could you stop yelling at that guy!!!

Alex, Chelsea, and Tessa said...

I love getting shout outs in people's blogs! AND you amaze me. Running looks hard.

Jade and Michael said...

That is awesome! I wish I was you and could do things like that!

Jennifer Lane said...

That looks amazing. And beautiful. I'm serious that we need to run together. Come back eventually please.

Angie said...

Great Job!! You really are amazing!

Stacy said...

Glad you had fun! That sounds like a crazy half marathon!

Shane said...

Way to go Linds!

Kristen said...

I am so jealous!!....way to go, keep it up girl.

Burt Bunch said...

Linds, you are so awesome! I look up to, girl.

The Nielsens said...

You're amazing linds...amazing. Miss you!