Wednesday, November 11

What did you do today?

Who me?
I went to the beach!
Two of my girls had school off in honor of Veteran's Day.
{My Grandpa Jacobs died 11 years ago today.
He use to hit me with his cane.
And would always tell me I was going to end up with
diabetes like him if I didn't stop loving sugar so much.
Sorry Gramps, still hooked to the sugar.}
People keep telling me that the beach is close,
but hello a hop, skip, and jump and you are at the beach.
So surreal.
Granted we were in long pants and sweatshirts,
but that didn't keep us from running into the water,
throw sand into the waves,
and build sand castles.
Today I am not missing Utah so much. :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Ok Linds -

I think I'd rather comment on the beach, because I don't want to screw up your blog - but here's what ya have to do.

You go into the html code to edit it. You have to change the pixel width on several different sections of the code.

I have made mine wide enough so that I can import my pictures from Flickr because they are a bit bigger. That equals 860 px (pixels).

So first, you scroll down to the Header section of the code. Right under Header, you'll see:

Header wrapper with a pixel number next to it.
Change the number only to 860.

Scroll down the page a bit to the Outer Wrapper section. There are three changes here.

Outer Wrapper - change pixels to 860
Main Wrapper - change pixels to 540
Side Bar Wrapper - change pixels to 260

One last change -

Scroll down a bit until you come to the Footer section.

Change the Footer width to 860.

Before you hit change, preview the changes to make sure it's not all wonky.

You can mess with these numbers all you want to make your blog wider or thinner. The only thing that you need to keep in mind is that the "Main Wrapper" pixel amount and the "Side Bar Wrapper" pixel amounts need to add up to be less than the "Outer Wrapper" pixel amount And that the "Header Wrapper", "Outer Wrapper", and "Footer" width all need to be the same pixel number.

Clear as mud?

Let me know if it turns out alright or if you need more help. I have been figuring a lot of this blog stuff out lately - what a process eh?

LeAnn said...

So jealous, I love the beach and I miss it so much!

Jenny Alama said...

what a fun day!!! i am a little bit jealous right now. and i still miss you. glad to know things are going sooooo well!

Julie said...

Totally jealous. Enjoy it. Love reading about your California adventures. You're the cutest.

Jill said...

Such a cute pictue of you...miss you a lot!

Grand Pooba said...

You are so lucky!!

Lindsey said...

I just miss you! Are you coming for Thanksgiving?