Thursday, December 10

Bucket List #4

to ride an ostrich
I am dead serious.
I want to ride an ostrich SO BAD!
It's been on my bucket list for years.
Sometimes when people say,
"What is a wish you have?"
My response:
"I want to ride an ostrich!"

I day dream about it sometime.
I dream that Zimbabwe will become safe again.
So we can go visit Aunt Ann's farm there,
go on a safari drive,
and be chased by elephants.
Ok, so maybe that is a true story of James' Dad, Jerry.
Want to hear the story?
Of course you do.

Jerry and Jackie {my in-laws} lived in Rodiga, which is now Zimbabwe.
Jerry was a high ranking police chief.
One Sunday he decided to take the family on a drive through the safari.
You know, just one of those normal Sunday drives.
When they started to get chased by elephants.
Imagine: elephants chasing two parents and three kids in a car,
and you want to know what saved them?
A giraffe that ran across their path.
I love Jerry's stories of Africa and Scotland.
Don't believe the story?
Ask Jerry yourself.
Then he'll re-tell you that story along with his
story of shooting a lion that was intruding on a village.
All. True. Facts.

Back to me.
I want to ride an ostrich.
Bucket List #4

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I want to see the northern lights...but an ostrich sounds fun too.

Heath said...

I want super powers to snap my fingers and be where ever I want in the world...and whoever is touching me comes with! I know that's not realistic but I have about as much a chance as you riding your Ostrich ;)

Jenny Alama said...

ME TOO!!!! i have wanted to ride an ostrich for as long as i can remember. or an emu. they're basically the same thing. if you get to, i want to come!!!

Jennifer Lane said...

THIS IS AMAZING!!!