Life is incredible. There truly is no other way to describe it.
Over this past week so many things have come through my mind.
Can I?
Will I?
How?
Can I become stronger emotionally, mentally, and physically?
Will I strenghen my mind with not only the gospel but all other facsicts of life?
How will I learn patience and understanding and unconditional love?
I LOVE this picture. James LOVES dogs. This is Lula. And while we were in Utah
James' Dad said, "Talk to her like a human. She understands". We love her.
They almost seem like endless questions.
But they are not.
They are turning points.
Points that make me look at myself and say,
Alright it's time to take it up a notch. What can you do differently?
I say I love change. Yet sometimes when it comes down to it I am a stubborn
piece of crap who runs and hides in the corner and cries.
Ya, I totally love change.
But I do.
It's those times where I pull myself together, out from the corner,
dust off the tears, and say, "OF COURSE. I can do anything"
Do I dare make resolutions for the new year? I do. Bring it on.
1. To know more about the gospel.
I have a strong testimony. I know Heavenly Father lives. I know he hears me, and I know he watches over me. I agree with the church teachings. I just want to know more.But could I even name you all of the 12 apostles? I shouldn't admit this.... but nope. Or that something happened with Jediah and being beheaded for giving up where Christ was. {And that could even be wrong}
2. To have more patience and understanding.
In short... BREATHE.
So many times I jump to conclusions or read into things when really I want to learn to sit back and understand and be patient. I like to listen. But I want to practice really listening and taking in what they are saying instead of trying to think of something to say.
3. Become a faster/stronger runner.
It happened. I like, maybe even love, running. It's such a high for me. I want to run the SLC 1/2 marathon in April in under 2 hours. Bah... any tips and/or tricks, PLEASE share!
4. I want to read at least 12 books this year.
5. To eat a hamburger.
Last year I succeeded in learning to like black beans and ground beef. I want to eat a hamburger this year. Secretly, I am excited!
6. To love myself as I am.
I beat myself up over my body and confidence. Enough is enough.
7. Take more pictures. ESPECIALLY of James and I together.
I did a wee bit better this year with picture taking. But as I looked through 2009 pictures, ya I think there are a total of 10 with James and myself. I freaking carry my camera in my purse 24/7. I rule at getting pictures of us. But do you ever feel like it ruins the moment? What are your thoughts on that?
That's all I can think of.
I am excited for this year. It is going to be a good year.
I can feel it in my bones.


2 comments:
what do you mean eat a hamburger!?! Have you never?! Oh honey! It is my FAVORITE food!!! I wish I could make you one, they have to be made a certain way to be amazing... contact me before you do ok!?! Promise?!!
Great resolutions. I agree that this year will be good. Sometimes when I'm taking pictures of Haylee I think, just put it away and enjoy the moment, but then I want to capture it forever. I'm undecided. I guess you just have to find some middle ground. However, take lots of pictures of just you and James now so you're in the habit once you have kids. I had a heck of a time finding pics of just Rob and I from the last two years because everything is Haylee bug!
Post a Comment