I think about a lot of things... well... a lot!
Random stuff.
It just pops into my head and I my brain runs with it.
For example:
James and I were asked to give the opening and closing Sacrament prayers this Sunday.
Not afraid of crowds.
Don't mind praying in front of lots of people.
Just don't ask me to sing. Then YOU will be sorry.
But I was daydreaming I get up to the pulpit to pray,
and as I bow my head to start the prayer I get dizzy and pass out.
I fall over hitting my head on the pulpit resulting in a loud echoing THUD
{because the microphone attached to the pulpit will obviously jiggle from my head hitting the pulpit with such force}
And my body flops to the stage floor.
I laughed out loud to this day dream.
Would that not be the story of all stories?!
I passed out praying.
I told you it was random.
Because I just watched the Kardashian season finale.
Kourtney had her baby and was able to pull her baby out at the end of the birth.
{Don't know if hers was natural or medicated birth}
It got me thinking...
I have always been interested in giving a natural birth.
I want to be able to experience everything.
I want to prove to myself that I am that strong mentally and can do it.
And I want to help pull my baby out at the end of the birth.
How freaking rad would that be!
But I have heard horror stories both of natural and epidural.
I also daydream the anesthesiologist misses and I become paralyzed.
Then I become the next paralympic athlete.
But that's another day dream for another time.
Have you done a natural birth?
Have you done an epidural birth? {Is it called medicated? Shows how much I know}
I am just so intrigued by this.
Also did you know I can only fit three large marshmallows in
my mouth while playing "chubby bunny".
Pretty weak sauce, huh?!



17 comments:
Linds, I love you!!!! I had an epidural with all three of mine. I was induced with all three as well. At times I think it would be fun to go natural but A= I need things planned, I NEED to know what day that baby is coming and B= one contraction will really have you crying for meds! :)
Wow...you are funny! A girl at my work is determined to have a natural childbirth; however, I will be the first to admit that I have NO tolerance for pain, so I will be asking for the epidural without a doubt!!!
I think it all depends on what kind of experience you want when having your children...both options have their good and bad points.
I miss playing chubby bunnies!!! But I always used the mini-marshmallows... :)
Look up hypnobirthing...a bunch of our friends here in Kirksville have done it and loved it. Don't let the name fool you, it's mainly a way to prepare you mentally for a natural birth. It's pretty interesting.
I watched that season finale too- see, we're basically destined to be BFFS. I thought it was amazing watching her assist with the final delivery and reach down and grab her baby. Blew my mind... and I was all alone and I cried. Gus looked at me like he was seriously concerned.
I think about child birth all the time. I am in awe with it but am pretty convinced that I will be up for the medicated birth. I love challenging myself but when it comes to physical pain. well, that's when I give in.
There's my 2 cents. This is long, but when you do move back... let's set up a blind date and pretend we've never met. What do you say?
Had an epidural and LOVED it! I felt like I was able to enjoy the experience more without all the pain. I ended up having a C-section in the end though. I'm always amazed at people who have natural births. Not something I've ever really wanted to do, but hey more power to ya.
Women that can give birth naturally are AMAZING!... I'm not one of them. I got an epidural with Grady. It didn't work so for about an hour and a half I felt every contraction and I thought I was going to DIE! Luckily they gave me another one(spinal tap) that kicked in right before I had to start pushing.
Did it and LOVED it!!! Right after Olivia was born I thought... "I for sure can do that again!!!" All you have to do is prepare for it! I took Lamaze and read a hypnobirthing book. I just practiced the breathing for a few months before everytime I had a false contraction... Basically during the real contractions I just breathed and focused. To be honest I fell asleep between some because I was totally in another place. The hardest part I thought was pushing her out, not because it hurt but because it was like the last leg of the 400 meter dash... I paced my self the first 3 legs then the last I had to break through my wall and just push it hard to the finish line, and what a beautiful finish line it was!!! I think you of all people could do it because you're an athlete, you love endorphins and you have the determination to do so... That's all it takes!
Oh and ps... I was in ONE position the entire time... I tried to stand for one contraction and that one DID KILL... I know what women are talking about now when they say they really do hurt. But, I found my happy place and stayed taht way the entire time. (I had the bed propped up, and had my legs in the butterfly position) You just have to listen to your body adn what its telling you. Seriously, most amazing experience of my life!
This totally made me laugh! Especially your daydream about the prayer... so funny!
And about the childbirth, I will definitely be having an epidural! I am weak when it comes to pain, so I know it would be hard for me to handle going natural.
Hey Linds! I think natural would be so hard, but so amazing! I think you're right about it feeling like you conquored something! I had an epideral with Jax and i LOVED it! I loved not having to worry about the pain, and to just focus on the fact that I was going to be a mother. The whole labor/delivery was really enjoyable for me. The epideral was also great because I could still feel a lot but not enough that I just wanted to whole thing to be over quick you know? But I think it totally depends on what you want! Both would be great! Either way you get a beautiful baby in the end!
Lindsay, I love your posts all the time! I did natural and NO ONE thought I would be able to bc I am such a wimp! But I was able to do it! And I think that you can too if you put your mind to it. I took the "Bradley Method" class and HIGHLY recommend them if you are thinking about going natural! And yes, I will do it natural again if I can (given some situations, medicated births are necessary). So when are you going to start having those babies!
Lindsey, you are awesome!! I have only done natural once only because the drugs wore off...what can I say? I am a total druggie. But, you do what works for you. I can't wait to see what your kids look like!!!!
Your blogs are so wonderful to read. I love that you are random just like me and I also thought it was amazing when Kourtey pulled Mason out! When I do have a baby, I am opting for an epidural but I am amazed at any woman who can have a natural birth. I just know it's not for me!!!
Ha ha. You're ridiculous. I'm all about the drugs, but who knows I might change my mind once I actually have a baby. { I doubt it. }
Linds, I love you. DEARLY. I am considering natural childbirth with my next one. Let's do it together. And then let's run a marathon after. Thanks for your email last week. I am going to call you.
Have to say, went unmedicated with Hypnobirthing.
So did both of my sisters. Collectively, we have given birth to seven children, all without the help of an epidural.
I can honestly say that because I was mentally prepared, I didn't feel pain like people describe it. It's a mindset, and if you choose to have a great experience, you will! I'd love to chat with you whenever about it....I'll never do it any other way!
Oooh I just found this post. A little late on my commenting, I know, but I have to put my plug in for natural childbirth. You can read my birth story here: http://www.birthnaturally.org/studentstories.htm#Kim_Christenson
Or on my blog :)
I LOVED using the Hypnobabies method. Loved, loved loved it. I had such a great experience. And as far as wondering if you can or can't do it -- that is irrelevant. YOU CAN. For sure. It isn't a matter of pain tolerance. It is such a mental thing. Exercise will definitely help you prepare physically for it, though. I love talking to people about natural chilbirth (obviously) so you can ask me any questions you want!
Post a Comment