Is something everyone should go see and visit.
Seriously.
I'm not messin around.
I have always thought it was cool.
Ya know the movie The Rock and I like to think
Harry Potter fashioned Azkaban after it.
Everyone is walking around this prison with headphones on.
If you take the headphones off all you can hear is silence
and feet shuffling around.
A tad bit eery.
The above picture is what is left of the warden's house.
A lot of the guards and officers lived right there on the island.
The gardens around the prison are beautiful.
When prisoners would get out of hand they would lock them
in these cells that had no toilets, beds, or seats.
They had to sit on the concrete floor in complete darkness.
Every few days a guard would come hose them off while in their cell
with a fire-hose to get rid of the waste.
You almost feel bad for the prisoners,
until you remember the killed people.
You can still feel the bullet holes still in the walls.
But three successfully escaped less than a year before they closed Alcatraz.
Clint Eastwood did a movie on it... Escape From Alcatraz.
I believe the prisoners survived.
Is that wrong of me?
Hey if you could come up with a scheme to get out of the worst prison in the country,
hats off to ya buds.
Hats off.
That concludes my historical tour for you of Alcatraz.
Live it. Love it. Be it.


1 comment:
Hi linds! So I loved this post because I am fascinated by Alcatra but have never been there, so you gave me a nice little sneak peak!
Also, can you pretty please tell me how you got your cute fonts on your blog? Are they from KevinandAmanda.com? I tried installing one from there but it didn't work. Maybe you have some tips. E-mail me at kimchristenson at gmail dot com and I'll invite you to our blog!
Thank you!
Kim (Cone) Christenson
Post a Comment