Monday, March 15

I can't stop smiling


This past weekend rocked our socks off.
Almost quite literally.
We had the privilege of having Kellie and Chris come and visit.
Our first official visitors.
They win!

Here is a bit of what we did,
even though I will most likely expand later on this week.
For ya know... something to talk about.
And stuff to make you jealous,
and then hopefully make you book your flight to come and visit!We ate a lot of really yummy food.
Kellie indulged in this crepe.
We all helped.
Not including the delicious sourdough bread bowls and soup.
Oh man...
We went to China Town.
Like the picture I chose to memorialize China Town?
Just ironic that earlier that morning we saw ducks on the ocean,
now we see them baked in a window.Santa Cruz beach.
Awe it was beautiful.
It was the warmest day of 72.
Seals swimming.
And a nice walk along the beach.
Alcatraz.
Freaking amazing.
Seriously.
If you don't want to come to San Fran and see me or James,
see Alcatraz.
Spent over two and a half hours on The Rock.
Saw Al Capone's cell. Pretended we were locked up. Heard inmates talk of the experience.
We go back this Saturday.
We can't wait!And don't forget the Jelly Belly Factory.
Pretty cool factory tour.
We had to wear these hats everywhere.
We know we look hot!
Word to the wise... if you go to the Jelly Belly Factory make sure you take real food with you. We were in a state of sugar comma on the way home.

This weekend was packed to the brim.
And all Chris and Kellie could say was,
'This is so awesome! I can't stop smiling!'
Such a blast!!
And it all starts again on Saturday when James' Dad and brother come.
WOOP! WOOP!

4 comments:

VanOrden Family said...

You wouldn't have to convince me with the sweet stuff we could do, I wish I could come tomorrow to see ya!!

Shane said...

I thought that I was your 1st visitor? Looks like fun...see you soon!

Emily said...

Oohh - I think that Alcatraz would be scary - don't know if I could do it...and you're going back!!

(but I'd totally be game for the jelly beans)

Lindsey said...

So fun! I was thinking I might go to my parents ward, say on the 28th. Hmmmm?