Tuesday, April 27

School song

Do you still remember your school song?

To your elementary school?!!

My brothers and I always leave the most random voice-mails for each other
and today I decided to sing our elementary school song.
I couldn't remember some of the words so I called one of my best friends
and there we were at 24 years old singing the song over the phone.
It. Was. Awesome!

And without further delay:
We're Willow Canyon Wildcats are we.
Gayly we'll sing for we will royally be.
The banner we wave is bright gold and green.
{Can't remember this part. Ann can you help out?}

For give 3 cheers for the Wildcats,
Willow Canyon's best!
In learning centers we pass all our tests.
With the help of our teachers we strive to live
By the golden rule.
Here at the Willow Canyon School!!!

HA HA HA!!
This definitely brightened my day on a this rainy day!

10 comments:

Nikki said...

They changed the "gayly" part to "happily" or something like that.....I will have to have Seattle get on here and tell ya how the new one goes.

Lindsey said...

Chris could totally help you out! He sings it to Madison all the time...

Scott & Annie said...

"We carry it proudly for our great school the boldest colors seen!" That phone call made my day, especially because I was at Willow Canyon the moment you called watching the sixth graders launch their rockets. Why didn't we do that? Also, Mrs. Koskimaki is still there

Julie said...

hahaha! So there is this high school by us called Willow Canyon and there mascot is the wildcat so every time I drive by and see the sign I sing that song...and totally always mumble through that same line you don't know. It is something like we carry it proudly for hmm hmm hmm... ya those hmms are really in the song :)

Carly said...

HA! I was just going to put the words in, but saw that Annie beat me to the punch. LOVE!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Don't forget the best part, singing it for a second time in a whisper until..."So give 3 cheers for the Wildcats....." Too funny how those just stick in your head!!!

LeAnn said...

I only remembered the first part and the 3 cheers part, oh the memories that are rushing back in from singing that song.

VanOrden Family said...

Hey my mom and I were just singing this the other day cuz my neice is now a wildcat at another school. I think they changed Gayly to Daily we sing...! How funny!

Jenny Alama said...

Here come the SkyHawks marching very proud. And when we sing our song we SING IT LOUD! For Calvin Smith's school is the best one yet. And we will show them so you'll not forget it's Smith so let us try, try, try with all our might. That we will always keep our honor bright. For Calvin Smith school is the best one yet (clap clap clap) Rah, Rah Smith!!!

There is mine :)

sTaCiE said...

oh wow! Good old Willow canyon!! I cant believe ho long ago that was! :)