So many things I want to do.
I always feel this way.
I get grand ideas and desires to do things,
and I dibble dabble in them but never fully immerse myself.
It's time to immerse.
Bring it on baby!!
I want to run a half marathon or full marathon this year.
Not including Aspen Golden Leaf half.
Aspen is more like put yourself in a mountain and run/hike/try not to die sort of half.
My family ran the SLC half and full today and rocked it!
Sad I couldn't be there to cheer them on, but I hear they did great!
Way to go Gary and Kellie!!
I want to be more nutritious.
I feel like I know just the outer rims of healthy foods.
I want to cook delicious yet nutritious foods for myself and James.
But I have no idea where to start.
I don't know what is healthy or not.
Don't know what is propaganda or truth.
Do you cook healthy?
Do you eat healthy?
Do you know healthy food information?
Please share.
{Oh and I am not willing to give up meat. I love meat!}
Help me know where to start.
Cause I come to the library to find information, get frustrated,
and play on the computers for an hour.
Last but not least I want to pick up tennis!
James and I played a week or so ago, and it was awesome.
Being in the sun.
A new fun form of exercise.
Too bad I never payed attention in my TWO college courses I took on tennis.
Cause I suck.
But I want to get good.
Like real good where I am serving the ball down someone's throat good.
So if anyone wants to buy me tennis lessons for my birthday,
you will be my new rockstar.
{ P.S. My birthday is in July. }
1 day ago


4 comments:
Oh, I can I just tell you I feel the same way! When you get the skinny on the nutritious food thing will you let me know and visa versa?! :)
I just told Rob that we should run a half later this year so I can shed this baby weight after the baby's born. Also, I have always loved tennis but also suck. Maybe we can get good enough to play each other by the time you move back to Utah! Good luck on the healthy eating.
hey girl! hope you're doing great!! i don't know how to get ahold of you...but we are scrambling for a relay runner...email me at simpilily@gmail with your number!!
lily
Read "Master Your Metabolism" by Jillian Michaels. Title is deceiving, but basically her motto is, if it didn't have a mom or it didn't grow from the ground, don't eat it. I never thought I'd be the organic type, but she makes some very compelling arguments. Basically, all of the additives that are put in our food to make them "healthier" or lower fat are destroying our endocrine systems and making us fat. So we should just eat real butter and yogurt after all! It really hasn't been too hard to move into a natural/organic way of cooking. Just have to know a few basics. Like this website: http://www.chefbrad.com/grain/index.php tells you all about all kinds of grains to start using instead of white flour. Seriously, Linds, you will be surprised at how much you can do. Also, I am so wishing I ran on Saturday too! I'm in next year, are you?
Post a Comment