James' family history is freaking awesome.
No seriously.
It makes me proud to be a Forrest.
His Dad was born and raised in Scotland.
Moved to Rodigia, which is now Zimbabwe, and lived there for over 20 years.
Now he is an American citizen.
His brother and sister still live in Scotland,
and Aunt Anne got a visa and has been in America this summer.
And we got her for a weekend,
We took them all over.
But the best was hearing all the stories of Scotland and Zimbabwe.
From having boa constrictors on the front porch,
to lions in your backyard,
and baby elephants knocking over a loud tourist.
Anne is the sweetest little thing you'll ever meet.
So pleasant and nice and I loved how she would always so,
"So lovely" or "Pleasure" or "Those chaps over there..."
But did you know that Scots love, and I mean LOVE, their sweets.
That's the best part of the visit... all the fantastic sweets we had.
Great visit. Great people. Great times.


2 comments:
Hands down....Brigham's shirt is my favorite part! J/K johnny knoble. What an amazing family history. I spent several days in Scotland last summer. Beautiful! You're lucky to be a part of that family.
That's awesome. I seriously fell in love with Scotland in the short time I was there, so I can only imagine the amazing stories they have.
Post a Comment