Friday, October 14

It's time...

How do you know it's time to replace something?
I am the worst at replacing things.
Like my face lotion.
As soon as I get near the bottom I stop using it for the fact that if it runs out I have to buy more.
But when I get a new face lotion I use it like I have 50 waiting in storage.
Or when my mascara gets too old and it starts hurting my eyelashes when I put it on.
I don't know what my deal is, but it's just hard for me to just go get new things.

So when it came to my dear running shoes nothing was different.
Some signs I have noticed recently:
- The tread on the bottom is non-existent
- No matter how many times I wash them they stay a bit dirty
- The blisters on my toenails begging for a size bigger shoe

But the red flag sign was a hole that magically appeared a few months ago.
I was so sad.
At first I wouldn't admit it was there.
How dare a hole come to my running shoes.
So I kept running in them.
I wasn't going to let a little hole stop me!
And sure enough the hole fought back.
The little hole kept getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger.
I should have known the hole was too big to continue using my shoes
when I noticed my toes stay clenched so they don't pop out the hole.

I finally had to face the music today that the hole had won.
The fact I can stick my entire finger through the hole was hard to see.
I have waived my white flag and the hole has won.




















I need to put them in their new home... the garbage.
If I don't I will stupidly wear them again just because I love them so much.
The wait until my new pair arrives will be borderline torture.
I love running.
I look forward to my runs everyday.
So if you have shoes without holes in them, run for me.
T.G.I.F

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those shoes have served you well...they have a Marathon on their resume!!! Your little feet deserve a new home! Keep on running...and if you take a wrong turn you might end up at our house!!
Love ya, Mom

Our Fun Times said...

Love your posts!! :) They always make me smile...I know, giving up those beloved shoes can be hard...but, better to give them up now, then injure your foot or knee or etc later because of them. They fought a good fight, maybe you should consider burying them and giving them a proper burial! :) hehe keep up the running, if it makes you feel any better, I still have basketball shoes that I haven't thrown away since high school, just because I"m emotionally attached to them. ;) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, it meant alot!
Vevs