Tuesday, December 20

For the new year

I decided I truly need to set some new goals
for the new year and stick to them.
Like writing in my journal.
I once was so good at it and want to be again.
I really enjoy writing in a journal but want to know a secret?
I can't ever be fully honest in my journal because I can't stop thinking of who will be reading this if I die.
I want to read the scriptures.
I have never in my life been a continual scripture reader.
I go on spurts, and do it here and there.
But not every day at a certain time and really dive into them.
I want that to change.
I want to learn so much more about not only the Book of Mormon,
but the Bible as well.
I mean I didn't know Adam lived to be 900 years old until this year.
And last but not least I want to take photos.
On a scale of photo taking from 10 being so awesome and 1 being so crapy,
I would generously give myself a 2, even though I deserve a 1.
Pictures are priceless... and I just need to freaking do it.

I'm looking forward to the new year but can't wait for the next week to come.
To be in Utah with family and friends and have snow and celebrate Christmas!!
The only thing that would make it better is if I got a black mini-schnauzer for Christmas.
Maybe next year.
Oh and a quick heads up...
My half birthday is coming up on January 8.
Let me know if you need my address to send my half birthday gifts to me.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Everyone deserves a black mini-schnauzer for Christmas.

I hope we get to see you - travel safe!

Jennifer Lane said...

My goal is to take more pictures too!!! Or any pictures for that matter. A nice new camera for Christmas would definitely help with that! Can't wait to see this "new" you. A dog??? You've changed.

My 4 Gooches said...

those are great goals, both of which should be mine as well! and, good luck enjoying the snow here in utah. i've never seen it TRY so hard to snow and be pretty unsuccessful except for a few flakes here and there! merry christmas!!!