Monday, February 6

Playing house


This past weekend we became a family of 4.
We watched my friends two kids for the weekend
while she and her husband got a much needed weekend alone.
I know I nanny but my girls are older
so it was fun to have two kids 2 1/2 and 15 months for the weekend.
We got a crash course in waking up early,
changing tons of diapers,
entertaining,
and even doing the church with kids gig.

I hand it to Mom's, they are pretty amazing.
To be on those schedules AND still get things done.
Pretty freaking awesome!
In the back of my head I wonder if I am cut out to be a Mom.
People are always saying it's different and better with your own,
but I think they are secretly lying to me.
Don't get me wrong, I want kids and a family and all that.
I'm just trying to gear up to be strong enough to do so.

I have started a list of things to learn for when I become a Mom:
- Change a poopy diaper without using half of the wipes box
- Taking tissues with me everywhere for those runny noses so you don't have to take drastic measures to wipe the boogers away
- Knowing it's ok to not let your kids watch certain shows because you think they are annoying
- Not take things to seriously. I get intense and I'm working on relaxing and enjoying things and not be so serious

All in all we had fun watching the little kiddos.
Kids are so cute and fun!
And I love that I feel funny because I can make a kid bust up with giggles.

1 comment:

Melanie Fiuza said...

It really is different when they are your own, because you get to teach them what you like! For example cutting out the annoying shows, and teaching them to sleep in! Poopy diapers suck all the time, but I can now usually change one with one wipe! Seriously though woman, you will be the coolest mom on the planet!