Wednesday, January 22

That's what you get

The other day while James was sick with the flu.
For a week and a half!
Poor guy.
I was kind of bragging about how great my immune system is.
Truly, it is.
I usually am a carrier and get everyone around me sick,
while I don't get sick.
Sweet for me, sucks for you.
I was bragging about how I haven't thrown up in three years.
How running and working out have truly helped my body get stronger.
Lesson learned.

I. caught. the. flu!

I had a brief upset stomach Saturday night.
Nothing a couple of Tums couldn't fix.
(Tums are my secret weapon for uneasy tummies.
Weird? Yes. But I swear it works.)
Sunday I was good, until about 6pm.
My stomach was going crazy.
Honestly I just thought it was from the chocolate,
nachos, and frozen burrito I ate that afternoon.
Nothing a hot pad won't fix.

Wrong again.
Down and out with the flu Monday and Tuesday.
First time I called in sick in 4 1/2 years.
Pat on the back to me.
Record clock starting over for throwing up.
I feel as though I am on the up and up now,
so YAY!
But most likely I will get slammed with karma again
for bragging that my flu wasn't as bad as others.
Go figure.

1 comment:

J said...

HAHAHAHA!! You're subtitle made me laugh because I say that to Seth all the time for no good reason at all. I am also one that never use to get sick until I had kids and now I swear I'm dying...........maybe a little dramatic but nonetheless I get sick All The Time!!